Thursday, February 05, 2009

The silver spoon trick: it actually works!

The other day, I opened a bottle of 2004 Tablas Creek Syrah for dinner, a young wine with lots of fruits and a rather bold attack. So I grabbed a silver spoon from the kitchen drawer and dipped it into the glass. I left the spoon in the wine for a few minutes and then brought the glass to my husband. Without telling him about my little experiment, I asked him to compare the wine (that I called wine A) with the original Syrah (wine B).



His reaction: “Hum, I do like wine A. It's smooth, well-balanced, and full-flavored. But wine B is too strong for me. Well, I don't really like wine B. Is there more of wine A?”

Q.E.D.

3 comments:

Toutizes said...

Indeed. A was much better!
I'll go and buy many more silver spoons for Valentine's day..

Anonymous said...

Catherine, great post. Check out Snooth - http://www.snooth.com for great wine reviews and links. It's a great wine site

Anonymous said...

I tried the Cedar Creek Syrah ..I have a liking for such spicy and earthy wines ... will leave my tasting note on bottlenotes soon :) really enjoyed the wine